Full Stack Engineer (Python focus)
We are on a mission to transform the art world. As the leading art platform, we empower thousands of galleries, artists and collectors to run and grow their businesses with a suite of inventory, marketing, CRM and website tools. As a mission-driven company, we know it takes a great team to build the future, and we are committed to providing the best structure, resources and quick thinking to help achieve our collective goal. Exciting times lie ahead as we expand into new regions, build new products and create the next generation of tools to help the art world move online—join us!
About the role
You will be collaborating with our highly skilled team, producing industry-leading software and best-in-class websites for the art world.
This role will be focussed on delivering critical projects that sit at the heart of our architecture, impacting our full suite of products. Requiring both high-level architectural planning and more focussed development tasks, with a high degree of responsibility and tremendous scope for progression, whilst using your experience and industry knowledge to improve our products and services over time, ensuring that they remain best in class.
The technical focus will be predominantly weighted toward back end development, but will require understanding and implementation across the full stack in order to deliver the finished product.
A highly technical engineer who can demonstrate a fantastic aptitude for planning, scoping and executing on complex development projects. You will be able to understand the key objectives and propose technical solutions to key stakeholders, applying a 360° consideration that accounts for performance, security, reusability and legibility.
- Hands-on experience participating in the scoping and delivery of complex software implementation projects.
- In-depth knowledge of Python, / strong experience and transferable skills in other backend programming languages.
- Experience in working with databases such as MySQL.
- Have an understanding of the principles of secure web development.
- Ability to quickly assess and navigate an existing codebase and tools, working with them to create projects and extend the functionality/scope.
- Good analytical ability and aptitude for problem solving. Deductive thinking, patience and ingenuity to help test systems, locate / diagnose faults, solve process issues and find answers or workarounds to a wide range of issues.
- High degree of computer literacy, familiarity with Mac OSX and iOS.
- Understanding of abstract programming concepts, relational data, multiple systems and complex projects
- High level of discretion when dealing with confidential client information
- Working with senior stakeholders to help plan and execute on engineering projects that sit at the heart of our architecture. Solving key challenges in our products and infrastructure.
- Researching,developing and integrating new ideas, techniques, methods and technologies that will elevate our products.
- Understanding wider issues of performance, bandwidth, server load (plan for success), code legibility, reusability, accessibility, security, SEO
What we offer
- 33 days of annual leave (including bank holidays) plus long service entitlement.
- Flexible working
- Company pension scheme
- Annual Christmas bonus
- A focus on continued professional development including access to courses and training programmes
- Cycle to Work scheme & season ticket loans
- Beautiful London offices in a warehouse conversion with showers and secure bike storage
- Regular team and whole company social events
London Office Space
How to apply
To apply, please send your application to firstname.lastname@example.org and include:
- Your CV
- Covering letter
- A link to your portfolio or links to several projects
You will need to have the legal right to live and work in the UK to be considered for this role.
Artlogic is an equal opportunities employer
We are committed to valuing diversity and seek to provide all staff with the opportunity for employment, career and personal development on the basis of ability, qualifications and suitability for the work as well as their potential to be developed into the job.