We are on a mission to transform the art world. As the leading art platform, we empower thousands of galleries, artists and collectors to run and grow their businesses with a suite of inventory, marketing, CRM and website tools. As a mission-driven company, we know it takes a great team to build the future, and we are committed to providing the best structure, resources and quick thinking to help achieve our collective goal. Exciting times lie ahead as we expand into new regions, build new products and create the next generation of tools to help the art world move online—join us!
About the role
This critical role will see you provide essential support to Artlogic’s four Senior Directors by anticipating their needs and solving complex scheduling, administrative and operational issues proactively before they arise. You will manage all aspects of their professional agenda, liaising with internal colleagues, external stakeholders, professional organisations and networks, balancing competing commitments to maximise their time, impact and effectiveness. You will stay one step ahead in order to assist with organisation, scheduling, correspondence, and meetings management as well as taking responsibility for deadline compliance and elements of project management.
- 3+ years experience experience in a similar executive support role
- Experience managing complex schedules and scheduling, preparing for and running meetings
- A positive and solutions focussed attitude with the determination to achieve the best results
- Excellent organisation skills with the ability to multi-task and deal with competing priorities
- Experience of reporting to multiple managers
- Strong attention to detail
- Initiative and self motivation
- Discretion and a strong sense of professionalism
- Flexibility and the ability and willingness to adjust schedules and priorities as necessary
- Top class administrative skills and experience using Google Workspace, Dropbox and project management tools
- Managing the diaries and schedules of Artlogic’s four Senior Directors
- Organising and scheduling meetings: carrying out research and preparing agendas ahead of meetings, and taking minutes during meetings
- Liaising with other staff members on behalf of the Senior Directors, in particular communicating with other members of the senior management team and ensuring information is accurately and efficiently disseminated among the Senior Directors, Directors and Heads of Department
- Booking business travel arrangements including flights and accommodation, managing visas etc.
- Acting as a key first point of contact for business guests visiting the Senior Directors at our London offices
- Ensuring processes and software are up to date and in working order
- Managing certain projects and following up with team members where required
- Maintaining a strong working relationship with all other departments
What we offer
- 33 days of annual leave (including bank holidays) plus long service entitlement.
- Flexible working
- Company pension scheme
- Annual Christmas bonus
- A focus on continued professional development including access to courses and training programmes
- Cycle to Work scheme & season ticket loans
- Beautiful London offices in a warehouse conversion with showers and secure bike storage
- Regular team and whole company social events
London Office Space
How to apply
To apply, please send your application to email@example.com and include:
- Your CV
- Covering letter
You will need to have the legal right to live and work in the UK to be considered for this role.
Artlogic is an equal opportunities employer
We are committed to valuing diversity and seek to provide all staff with the opportunity for employment, career and personal development on the basis of ability, qualifications and suitability for the work as well as their potential to be developed into the job.