WEB DEVELOPER – CLIENT SUPPORT
£30K + Benefits
As a result of the COVID-19 crisis, this role would involve working remotely until we eventually transition back to working from the London office. Therefore, you must be capable of working from home (adequate working conditions, low noise levels, decent broadband connection) and then be able to work in our London office. You will need to have the legal right to live and work in the UK to be considered for this role.
We are looking for a talented web developer to join our highly creative team and help support our rapidly growing client base. We are the leading website platform for the world's top art galleries and artists. We design and build cutting-edge bespoke projects and website builder tools to help hundreds of new clients each year to create their own beautiful online presence. This is a fantastic opportunity to progress your career within an industry-leading design and development team.
Based in London & New York, Artlogic is on a mission to transform the art industry. We want to make the business of art more efficient, giving galleries, artists & collectors the time and space to do the things they love. Our high energy, high standards culture and collaborative approach encourages team members to flourish. We are passionate about building the most advanced website and database platform for the art world and delivering incredible work to our growing list of over 2,000 clients across six continents.
You will need to demonstrate a good standard of relevant programming skills and the desire to learn and adapt quickly.
You will need to be a Junior Developer / CSS Developer / Front-End Web Developer / Full Stack Web Developer. With the support and direction of a fantastic team, you don’t have to be the finished article as long as you are passionate about your work and can demonstrate:
- A very good understanding of HTML and CSS;
- Proven, demonstrable experience working on previous real-world websites or applications;
- A keen eye for detail, intuitive user experience and an appreciation for good website design;
- Excellent communication skills;
- The ability to embrace new working practices and methodology;
- Problem solving ability with analytical and abstract reasoning skills.
The below are highly beneficial, but not essential – though a keen interest in learning is a required:
- Knowledge of one or more backend programming languages such as Python, Ruby or PHP, combined with some basic knowledge of MySQL.
- Experience in website or interface design and knowledge of Sketch and Photoshop
Important: Intensive ‘bootcamps’ can provide a fantastic jumpstart to a career in coding. However, we do ask that bootcamp graduates show a portfolio of their own independent work and any professional experience in addition to any coursework.
An interest in the creative industries and fine art in particular would make the position even more exciting and enjoyable but is not required.
This is a brilliant opportunity to join a rewarding company at an incredibly exciting time – we are already well established but very ambitious for high growth. We have a hugely talented, friendly, committed team of over 50 people. We are a diverse and welcoming group.
The contracted hours for this role are Monday-Friday, 9.30am to 6pm. As we provide a 7 days per week service, you will be expected occasionally to work out-of-hours on a rota system, having completed your training.
Working at Artlogic
Our London based office is bright and open plan, bathed in natural light. We are located in Offley Works, a vibrant creative hub of businesses located within a renovated factory building, only a short walk from Oval Underground station and close to Stockwell and Vauxhall.
- Friendly and relaxed working environment
- The security of a long-established business with a stable team
- The excitement of a busy company in a high growth phase
- Great equipment, iMac or MacBook for everyone
- Best in class software to support the team, including Zendesk, Monday, Slack.
When we return to office based working…..
- Beautifully designed open-plan office with natural light and windows that open
- Free team lunch every Friday
- Well stocked kitchen with espresso machine and snacks
- Awesome on-site canteen
- Indoor bicycle parking and showers
How to apply
To apply, please send your application to email@example.com and include:
- Your CV
- Covering letter
- A link to your portfolio or links to several projects
You will need to have the legal right to live and work in the UK to be considered for this role.
Artlogic is an equal opportunities employer
We are committed to valuing diversity and seek to provide all staff with the opportunity for employment, career and personal development on the basis of ability, qualifications and suitability for the work as well as their potential to be developed into the job.