Web Designer - Website Team
£40 - 50k + Benefits
We are looking for a talented web designer to join our highly creative team. We are the website platform of choice for the world's top art galleries and artists. This is a fantastic opportunity to progress your career by designing and building the best websites in the art world.
Based in London & New York, our mission is to make the business of art more efficient, giving galleries, artists & collectors the time and space to do the things they love. Our high energy, high standards culture and collaborative approach encourages team members to flourish. We are passionate about building the most advanced website and database platform for the art world and delivering incredible work to our growing list of over 2,000 clients across six continents.
About the role
Under the direction of our senior design team, your role will be to create unique design concepts for our increasing website client base and help develop these into the finished product.
We are looking for a talented designer with a great eye for detail and strong real-world experience in website design. Experience with building websites is beneficial but not essential, any previous experience in this area will allow you to not only design but also build websites into the finished article.
Design projects. You will lead full website design projects, from the initial concept right through to client sign-off, under the direction of our senior design team. You will also help support our design team by taking existing design concepts and turning them into the finished article. There will often be elements of UI, UX and branding required in the design work you do.
Project management. You will be responsible for the management of each of your own projects, from inception of the initial brief right through to the delivery of the finished product, ensuring a high level of quality control is maintained throughout the process. You will liaise with other web developers who will be implementing aspects of your designs, ensuring the end product meets our high standards.
What we are looking for
You will need to demonstrate a strong portfolio of website design projects, a good standard of relevant development/programming skills (if applicable) and the desire to learn and adapt quickly.
• Exceptional design skills. You must have a keen eye for detail, intuitive user experience and an appreciation for good website design.
• Proven experience. You must have a varied portfolio and demonstrable experience working on previous real-world websites or applications.
• Design tools. A good understanding of design tools such as Sketch or Photoshop;
• Communication. Excellent communication skills, ability to present your work to the senior team.
• Organisation. You will be responsible to project manage entire projects from start to finish - and oversee web developers tasked with implementing project designs.
• Feedback. Ability to communicate the reasoning behind your work, digest feedback and translate into an updated proposal.
The below are highly beneficial, but not essential – though a keen interest in learning is a required:
• Advanced tech stack. Knowledge of one or more backend programming languages such as Python, Ruby or PHP, combined with some basic knowledge of MySQL.
An interest in the creative industries and fine art in particular would make the position even more exciting and enjoyable but is not required.
This is a brilliant opportunity to join a rewarding company at an incredibly exciting time – we are already well established but very ambitious for high growth. We have a hugely talented, friendly, committed team of over 50 people. We are a diverse and welcoming group.
Recent design projects
We have worked on some of the best and most prominent website design projects in the art world, a selection of recent projects include:
The contracted hours for this role are Monday-Friday, 9.30am to 6pm. As we provide a 7 days per week service, you will be expected occasionally to work out-of-hours on a rota system, having completed your training.
Working at Artlogic
Our London based office is bright and open plan, bathed in natural light. We are located in Offley Works, a vibrant creative hub of businesses located within a renovated factory building, only a short walk from Oval Underground station and close to Stockwell and Vauxhall.
• Friendly and relaxed working environment
• The security of a long-established business with a stable team
• The excitement of a busy company in a high growth phase
• Great equipment, iMac or MacBook for everyone
• Best in class software to support the team, including Zendesk, Monday, Slack.
When we return to office based working…..
• Beautifully designed open-plan office with natural light and windows that open
• Free team lunch every Friday
• Well stocked kitchen with espresso machine and snacks
• Awesome on-site canteen
• Indoor bicycle parking and showers
Watch Hannah Knights, Director of Artlogic Database Development and David Castle, Director of Artlogic Websites talk about developer life at Arlogic.
How to apply
To apply, please send your application to firstname.lastname@example.org and include:
• Your CV
• Covering letter
• A link to your portfolio or links to several projects
You will need to have the legal right to live and work in the UK to be considered for this role.
Artlogic is an equal opportunities employer
We are committed to valuing diversity and seek to provide all staff with the opportunity for employment, career and personal development on the basis of ability, qualifications and suitability for the work as well as their potential to be developed into the job.