Web Designer & Developer
Permanent | £35 - £50K + Benefits | London SW9
As a result of the COVID-19 crisis, this role would involve working remotely until we eventually transition back to working from the London office. Therefore, you must be capable of working from home (adequate working conditions, low noise levels, decent broadband connection) and then be able to work in our London office. You will need to have the legal right to live and work in the UK to be considered for this role.
We are looking for a talented web designer & developer to join our highly creative team. We are the leading website platform for the world's top art galleries and artists. We design and build cutting-edge bespoke projects and website builder tools to help hundreds of new clients each year to create their own beautiful online presence.
This is a fantastic opportunity to progress your career by designing and building the best websites in the art world. Based in London & New York, Artlogic is on a mission to make the business of art more efficient, giving galleries, artists & collectors the time and space to do the things they love.
Our high energy, high standards culture and collaborative approach encourages team members to flourish. We are passionate about building the most advanced website and database platform for the art world and delivering incredible work to our growing list of over 1,500 clients across six continents.
About the role
Under the direction of our senior design team you will be tasked to come up with unique design concepts for our increasing website client base and develop these into the finished product.
We are looking for a talented all-rounder that has a both a great eye for design and some experience with building websites. Under the direction of our senior design team, you will be tasked to come up with elegant website and digital concepts for art-world clients. There will often be elements of UI, UX and branding required in the design work you do.
You will be tasked to deliver initial design concepts, working with both senior designers and the client to produce revisions and achieve design sign-off.
You will supply design support to our senior design team, taking design concepts and turning them into the finished article and creating design presentations. You may also be asked to work alongside a team of senior designers or developers on larger projects to fully develop ideas, or curate beautiful sample content for design mock-ups.
You will implement finished designs on our website platform, primarily by customising CSS on-top of a pre-built website to achieve the final look and feel. You will also be tasked with both back-end and front-end changes to the functionality of our websites to achieve the requirements of specific projects.
You will be responsible for the management of each of your own projects, from inception of the initial brief right through to the delivery of the finished product. You will also be required to liaise with other web developers who will be implementing aspects of your designs, ensuring the end product meets our high standards.
What we are looking for
With the support and direction of a fantastic team, you don’t have to be the finished article. You will need to demonstrate a strong portfolio of website design projects, a good standard of relevant development/programming skills and the desire to learn and adapt quickly.
• Exceptional design skills. You must have a keen eye for detail, intuitive user experience and an appreciation for good website design.
• Proven experience. You must have a varied portfolio and demonstrable experience working on previous real-world websites or applications.
• Design tools. A good understanding of design tools such as Sketch or Photoshop;
• Communication. Excellent communication skills, ability to present your work to the senior team.
• Organisation. You will be responsible to project manage entire projects from start to finish - and oversee web developers tasked with implementing project designs.
• Feedback. Ability to communicate the reasoning behind your work, digest feedback and translate into an updated proposal.
The below are highly beneficial, but not essential – though a keen interest in learning is a required:
• Advanced tech stack. Knowledge of one or more backend programming languages such as Python, Ruby or PHP, combined with some basic knowledge of MySQL.
An interest in the creative industries and fine art in particular would make the position even more exciting and enjoyable but is not required.
This is a brilliant opportunity to join a rewarding company at an incredibly exciting time – we are already well established but very ambitious for high growth. We have a hugely talented, friendly, committed team of over 40 people. We are a diverse and welcoming group.
Recent design projects
We have worked on some of the best and most prominent website design projects in the art world, a selection of recent projects includes:
Working at Artlogic
Our London based office is bright and open plan, bathed in natural light. We are located in Offley Works, a vibrant creative hub of businesses located within a renovated factory building, only a short walk from Oval Underground station and close to Stockwell and Vauxhall.
• Friendly and relaxed working environment
• The security of a long-established business with a stable team
• The excitement of a busy company in a high growth phase
• Beautifully designed open-plan office with natural light and windows that open
• Great equipment, iMac or MacBook for everyone
• Free team lunch every Friday
• Well stocked kitchen with espresso machine and snacks
• Awesome on-site canteen
• Indoor secure bicycle parking and showers
How to apply
To apply, please send us:
• Your CV
• Covering letter
• A link to your portfolio or links to several projects
• You will need to have the legal right to live and work in the UK to be considered for this role.
Please send your application to:
Artlogic is an equal opportunities employer
We are committed to valuing diversity and seek to provide all staff with the opportunity for employment, career and personal development on the basis of ability, qualifications and suitability for the work as well as their potential to be developed into the job.