Sales Consultant - UK
Permanent | £25-£30K + Benefits | London SW9
Founded in 1994 and based in London & New York, Artlogic is on a mission to transform the art industry. We take what makes galleries, artists & collectors tick and turn it into something beautiful that they can share with the world. With our industry-leading p¬¬roducts and first-class customer service, we aim to make the business of art more efficient, giving our clients the time and the space to do the things they love.
We are looking for a motivated and driven individual who is eager to join our sales team and deliver amazing results for our clients. As a Sales Consultant, your primary responsibilities will be to support inbound business enquiries, generate leads through outbound sales campaigns & develop strong client relationships.
Join a team who are transforming the art industry.
As a result of the COVID-19 crisis, this role would involve working remotely until we eventually transition back to working from the London office. Therefore, you must be capable of working from home (adequate working conditions, low noise levels, decent broadband connection) and then be able to work in our London office.
You will need to have the legal right to live and work in the UK to be considered for this role.
Key areas of responsibility
- Assisting with new inbound business enquiries in person, by phone or email. Providing demonstrations, attending new business meetings and ensuring our sales management system has details of the stage each lead is at, results of conversations and next steps. Tracking and converting inbound sales will be a significant part of your role.
- Helping create, sustain and develop focused outbound sales campaigns. You will be looking for new potential clients, online and using any personal contacts and resources available to approach people directly, help us improve the numbers of new leads and maintaining the quality of data. This will involve research, documenting and tracking leads, cold emailing and cold calling. Additionally, you will be encouraged to consider any other sales initiatives that will contribute towards raising our profile globally.
- You will always consider how we might develop methods that allow us to convert and manage sales more efficiently, including changes to our internal processes or possible automations that can help to convert or onboard clients at a faster rate.
- Using specialised knowledge, your professional (online / real world) network of connections and using your entrepreneurship and enthusiasm to help us develop leads.
- Visiting galleries when possible, talking to employees, offering to schedule demonstrations, providing information or referring potential clients to more experienced colleagues as needed (and based on the size and complexity of the sale).
- Helping at events whenever we have a physical presence as sponsor or as a partner. When possible, attending art fairs, gallery openings and other events that involve our clients.
- Provide assistance to both our clients and your colleagues by helping with billing. This would include raising invoices for new clients, answering client enquiries about how much is owed and how to make payment or helping to contact people about outstanding invoices.
- Other organisational tasks that would help the functioning of the business as required.
Performance indicators would include
- Ability to hit sales targets and rapidly grow our client base. You will be expected to present sales strategies and statistics, effectively manage your sales pipeline, highlight open leads and closed deals. Quarterly sales targets will be set that include specific quantities of expected outreach and expected quantity of converted sales.
- Organisation and time management - being able to manage your tasks which will have competing deadlines and various timelines, organise your thoughts, your to do list and yourself so you stay in control of your time, communicate effectively if there are any issues affecting deadlines or the progress of tasks and projects.
- Clear, friendly, economical communication style.
- Effectiveness - get tasks done rapidly without fuss, making sure that you feed back to your senior colleagues on the status of tasks and projects.
- Forward planning – being able to see if you are able to complete tasks required of you and making provision to discuss them, get help and prepare ahead of time.
- Terrific eye for detail in using our systems or testing new feature roll-outs and analysis of any issues.
- Ability to juggle tasks, manage expectations, report back and prioritise effectively.
- Establishing effective working relationship with clients and colleagues.
- Using good judgment in what, when and how to communicate with clients, when to articulate ideas to colleagues, when to ask for help, when to clarify or pass up support questions to a colleague, how important your questions are and when to interrupt colleagues.
- Sometimes the imperatives of the company and the development of a whole product area must come before the needs of an individual client who might want to push boundaries. You need to be clear-headed, well-informed, diplomatic and quick-thinking in managing expectations.
- Faultless attitude and behaviour towards the security of our physical premises, our equipment and the handling of data.
- Self-starter with an entrepreneurial character. Focused on strategic thinking and relationship building.
- Passion and curiosity in the international art market and the commercial needs of dealers, galleries, artists and collectors. Experience working in the art business is certainly helpful but not essential.
- Well-spoken, enthusiastic and persuasive personality. Must always maintain a presentable appearance.
- Passion for technology advancements and a high degree of computer literacy, familiarity with Mac OSX and iOS and detailed knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel. Adequate touch-typing skills. Familiarity with PhotoShop, HTML, Microsoft Access, FileMaker Pro, platforms might be helpful.
- Good industry knowledge of key artists, art galleries, sales platforms, art fairs, and our competitors.
- Having used art gallery management software, email marketing and website content management systems would be beneficial.
- The desire and ability to concentrate on your work autonomously without close supervision and work without distracting colleagues.
- Good analytical ability for problem solving and studying raw data.
- Deductive thinking and ingenuity to help test systems, locate / diagnose faults, solve process issues and find answers or workarounds to a wide range of issues.
- Strong desire to learn and to accept input from your fellow team members. Must also know when to ask for help or guidance.
- Clearly and concisely articulate ideas and thoughts verbally.
- Accurately prepare written business correspondence that is coherent, grammatically correct, concise, friendly and following any established communication guidelines.
- This is a highly trusted position giving you access to our clients’ live data systems so that work can be carried out or so that we can investigate problems or talk clients through a process. Your integrity and discretion must be unquestionable given the confidential and mission-critical nature of our clients’ data.
- You will be required to log directly into our servers and into our systems and those of our clients. This will require taking care of passwords and being extremely careful with the systems containing our client's data. You will have full access to control our clients' systems and have access to our own accounting data, marketing information and, with that, the ability to be a credit to (or jeopardise) our commercial interests at all levels. You will have access to our clients’ details, and frequently our clients' data which contains their commercial secrets and highly confidential personal details, so the role requires us to have absolute trust in you and complete confidence in your ability to follow procedures and not make mistakes.
Our style with clients is friendly, intelligent, experienced and understanding. It recognises that our clients’ needs shape our services and understanding them is a valuable opportunity. In every piece of design, the development of our user experiences and all our technical innovation, we need to see things from another person’s point of view using imagination, insight, experience of business processes and using empathy and common sense.
Our approach has enabled us to make user-friendly websites, administration systems and database solutions; to anticipate our clients’ requirements; to communicate clearly and be easy to work with. It enables us to create a vision of the future for ourselves and for the online identity of our clients.
No matter what the actual job description, every member of the team needs to be a considerate, hard-working, highly motivated, friendly and effective individual who communicates well and works harmoniously with others.
We are committed to valuing diversity and seek to provide all staff with the opportunity for employment, career and personal development on the basis of ability, qualifications and suitability for the work as well as their potential to be developed into the job.
How to apply
To apply, please send us:
- Your CV
- Covering letter
- You will need to have the legal right to live and work in the UK to be considered for this role.
Please send your application to: