PERMANENT | $35 - $45k | BROOKLYN, NEW YORK
Founded in 1994 and based in London & New York, Artlogic is on a mission to transform the art industry. We take what makes galleries, artists & collectors tick and turn it into something beautiful that they can share with the world. With our industry-leading products and first-class customer service, we aim to make the business of art more efficient, giving our clients the time and the space to do the things they love.
As we continue to rapidly expand across the global art market, we are looking for a motivated and driven individual who is eager to join our sales team and deliver amazing results for our clients. As a Sales Associate, your primary responsibilities will be to support inbound business enquiries, generate leads through outbound sales campaigns & develop strong client relationships.
Key areas of responsibility
- Assisting with new inbound business enquiries in person, by phone or email. Providing demonstrations, attending new business meetings (on and offline) and keeping a record of what was said in our sales management system. As our inbound enquiries continue to increase with new lower cost products being offered and increased marketing efforts, this will be a significant part of your role.
- Helping create, sustain and develop focused sales campaigns targeted towards the art market at large. You will be looking for new potential clients, online and using any personal contacts and resources available to approach people directly, help us improve the numbers of new leads and maintaining the quality of data. This will involve research, documenting and tracking leads, cold emailing and cold calling. Additionally, you will be encouraged to consider any other sales initiatives that will contribute towards raising our profile globally.
- You will be expected to not only help convert sales but also to consider how we might develop methods that allow us to convert and manage sales more efficiently. For example, further streamlining our internal processes and helping to suggest possible automations that can help to speed up our ability to onboard clients at a faster rate.
- Using specialised knowledge, your professional (online / real world) network of connections and using your entrepreneurship and enthusiasm to help us develop leads.
- Visiting galleries, talking to employees, offering to schedule demonstrations, providing information or referring potential clients to more experienced colleagues as needed (and based on the size and complexity of the sale).
- Helping at events where we have a physical presence as sponsor or as a partner. Attending art fairs, gallery openings and other events that involve our clients.
- Provide assistance to both our clients and your colleagues by helping with billing our clients. This would include raising invoices for new clients, answering client enquiries about how much is owed and how to make payment, and helping to contact people about any outstanding invoices.
- Other organisational tasks that would help the functioning of the office as required.
Performance indicators would include
- Ability to hit sales targets and rapidly grow our client base. You will be expected to present sales strategies and statistics, effectively manage your sales pipeline, highlight open leads and closed deals. Quarterly sales targets will be set that include specific quantities of expected outreach and expected quantity of converted sales.
- Organisation and time management - being able to manage your tasks which will have competing deadlines and various timelines, organise your thoughts, your to do list and yourself so you stay in control of your time, communicate effectively if there are any issues affecting deadlines or the progress of tasks and projects.
- Clear, friendly, economical communication style.
- Effectiveness - get tasks done rapidly without fuss, making sure that you feed back to your senior colleagues on the status of tasks and projects.
- Forward planning – being able to see if you are able to complete tasks required of you and making provision to discuss them, get help and prepare ahead of time.
- Terrific eye for detail in testing our systems and analysis of any issues.
- Ability to juggle tasks, manage expectations, report back and prioritise effectively.
- Establishing effective working relationship with clients and colleagues.
- Using good judgment in what, when and how to communicate with clients, when to articulate ideas to colleagues, when to ask for help, when to clarify or pass up support questions to a colleague, how important your questions are and when to interrupt colleagues.
- Sometimes the imperatives of the company and the development of a whole product area must come before the needs of an individual client, which takes some diplomacy, quick-thinking if you have someone on the phone!
- Ability to use, solicit and maintain information to liaise with other people and manage projects.
- Faultless attitude and behaviour towards security of the office and data.
- Self-starter with an entrepreneurial character. Focused on strategic and analytical thinking.
- Passion and curiosity in the international art market and the commercial needs of galleries/artists/collectors. Experience working for galleries or in the business of art is certainly helpful but not essential.
- Well-spoken, enthusiastic and persuasive personality. Must always maintain a presentable appearance.
- Passion for technology advancements and a high degree of computer literacy, familiarity with Mac OSX and iOS and detailed knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel. Adequate touch-typing skills. Familiarity with PhotoShop, HTML, Microsoft Access, FileMaker Pro, platforms might be helpful.
- Knowledge and familiarity of existing gallery management software. Such as ArtBase, ArtSystems, exhibit-E, ArtBinder, Primer and FileMaker systems (beneficial but not crucial).
- Ability to focus intelligently on tasks and, not only see the wider picture of priorities, but also how we could do the same things better.
- The desire and ability to concentrate on your work autonomously without close supervision and work without distracting colleagues.
- Good analytical ability for problem solving and studying raw data.
- Deductive thinking and ingenuity to help test systems, locate / diagnose faults, solve process issues and find answers or workarounds to a wide range of issues.
- Strong desire to learn and to accept input from your fellow team members. Must also know when to ask for help or guidance.
- Clearly and concisely articulate ideas and thoughts verbally.
- This is a highly trusted position giving you access to our clients’ live data systems so that work can be carried out or so that we can investigate problems or talk clients through a process. Your integrity and discretion must be unquestionable given the confidential and mission-critical nature of our clients’ data.
- You will be required to log directly into our servers and into our systems and those of our clients. This will require taking care of passwords and being extremely careful with the systems containing our client's data. You will have full access to control our clients' systems and have access to our own accounting data, marketing information, the unique computer code that is the heart of our business and the ability to be a credit to (or jeopardise) our commercial interests at all levels. You will have access to our clients’ details, and frequently our clients' data which contains their commercial secrets, personal details, credit card details (some of this is covered by formal non-disclosure agreements, our own and our clients’ privacy policies, the Data Protection Act, etc.). So the role requires us to have absolute trust in you and complete confidence in your ability to follow procedures and not make mistakes.
- Physical security – you will have keys and will be responsible for locking up.
- Accurately prepare written business correspondence that is coherent, grammatically correct, concise, friendly and following any established communication guidelines.
Our style with clients is friendly, intelligent, experienced and understanding. It recognises that our clients’ needs shape our services and understanding them is a valuable opportunity. In every piece of design, the development of our user experiences and all our technical innovation, we need to see things from another person’s point of view using imagination, insight, experience of business processes and using empathy and common sense.
Our approach has enabled us to make user-friendly websites, administration systems and database solutions; to anticipate our clients’ requirements; to communicate clearly and be easy to work with. It enables us to create a vision of the future for ourselves and for the online identity of our clients.
No matter what the actual job description, every member of the team needs to be a considerate, hard-working, highly motivated, friendly and effective individual who communicates well and works harmoniously with others.
How to apply
Send your CV and covering letter to email@example.com