PROGRAMMER - DATA ENGINEER
£33 - £45K
As a result of the COVID-19 crisis, this role would involve working remotely until we eventually transition back to working from the London office. Therefore, you must be capable of working from home (adequate working conditions, low noise levels, decent broadband connection) and then be able to work in our London office. You will need to have the legal right to live and work in the UK to be considered for this role.
We are looking for a talented programmer or university graduate with demonstrable programming ability and passion for data. This is a fantastic opportunity to progress your career building data migration tools and APIs for clients in the arts sector.
This is a role in our wonderful team of programmers who help us adapt our new clients' data from legacy systems to fit the required format using Python. With the support and direction of an incredible tech team you just need to demonstrate good programming skills, a keen eye for detail and the desire to learn and solve problems.
Our high energy, high standards, culture and collaborative approach encourages team members to flourish. We are passionate about building the most advanced website and database platform for the art world and delivering incredible work to our growing list of over 2,000 clients across six continents.
To qualify... You will need to be a passionate Python/C#/C++/Ruby programmer, Computer Science or Mathematics graduate or similar who can demonstrate:
- Good grasp of at least one programming language such as Python, Ruby, C++ or C#;
- Experience with relational databases such as MySQL;
- A keen eye for detail not just as a maker but also from the end user's perspective;
- The ability to embrace new working practices and methodology;
- Problem solving ability with analytical and abstract reasoning skills.
- Excellent communication skills;
Our London based office is bright and open plan, bathed in natural light. We are located in Offley Works, a vibrant creative hub of businesses located within a renovated factory building, only a short walk from Oval Underground station and close to Stockwell and Vauxhall.
● Friendly and relaxed working environment
● The security of a long-established business with a stable team
● The excitement of a busy company in a high growth phase
● Beautifully designed open-plan office with natural light and windows that open
● Great equipment, iMac or MacBook for everyone
● Free communal team lunch every Friday
● Well stocked kitchen with espresso machine and snacks
● Awesome on-site canteen
● Indoor secure bicycle parking and showers
How to apply
To apply, please send us:
● Your CV
● Covering letter
● A link to your portfolio or links to several projects
● You will need to have the legal right to live and work in the UK to be considered for this role