Junior Front End Developer
Permanent | £30k + Benefits | London SW9
As a result of the COVID-19 crisis, this role would involve working remotely until we eventually transition back to working from the London office. Therefore, you must be capable of working from home (adequate working conditions, low noise levels, decent broadband connection) and then be able to work in our London office. You will need to have the legal right to live and work in the UK to be considered for this role.
We are looking for a talented junior web developer to join our highly creative team. We are the leading website platform for the world's top art galleries and artists. We design and build cutting-edge bespoke projects and website builder tools to help hundreds of new clients each year to create their own beautiful online presence.
This is a fantastic opportunity to progress your career within an industry-leading design and development team building the best websites in the art world. Based in London & New York, Artlogic is on a mission to make the business of art more efficient, giving galleries, artists & collectors the time and space to do the things they love.
Our high energy, high standards culture and collaborative approach encourages team members to flourish. We are passionate about building the most advanced website and database platform for the art world and delivering incredible work to our growing list of over 1,500 clients across six continents.
About the role
We are looking for an enthusiastic junior developer to dive-into our growing template-website platform, initially helping with template customisation and technical support. There is a chance to later develop into a full-stack developer at Artlogic, working on exciting new projects and features.
You will also be tasked to support our existing client base by managing technical support tickets. Working alongside our experienced support team, you will be required to diagnose technical issues, provide front-end fixes and write clear notes on issues for our senior development team. You will need to be personable, keep a level head and be methodical in your approach to testing and fixing issues that may affect many hundreds or thousands of websites.
With the support and direction of a fantastic team, you don’t have to be the finished article. You will need to demonstrate a good standard of relevant programming skills and the desire to learn and adapt quickly.
You will need to be a Junior Developer / CSS Developer / Front-End Web Developer or similar who can demonstrate:
- A very good understanding of HTML and CSS;
- Proven, demonstrable experience working on previous real-world websites or applications;
- A keen eye for detail, intuitive user experience and an appreciation for good website design;
- Excellent communication skills;
- The ability to embrace new working practices and methodology;
- Problem solving ability with analytical and abstract reasoning skills.
The below are highly beneficial, but not essential – though a keen interest in learning is a required:
- Knowledge of one or more backend programming languages such as Python, Ruby or PHP, combined with some basic knowledge of MySQL.
- Experience in website or interface design and knowledge of Sketch and Photoshop
An interest in the creative industries and fine art in particular would make the position even more exciting and enjoyable but is not required.
This is a brilliant opportunity to join a rewarding company at an incredibly exciting time – we are already well established but very ambitious for high growth. We have a hugely talented, friendly, committed team of over 40 people. We are a diverse and welcoming group.
Working at Artlogic
Our London based office is bright and open plan, bathed in natural light. We are located in Offley Works, a vibrant creative hub of businesses located within a renovated factory building, only a short walk from Oval Underground station and close to Stockwell and Vauxhall.
- Friendly and relaxed working environment
- The security of a long-established business with a stable team
- The excitement of a busy company in a high growth phase
- Beautifully designed open-plan office with natural light and windows that open
- Great equipment, iMac or MacBook for everyone
- Free team lunch every Friday
- Well stocked kitchen with espresso machine and snacks
- Awesome on-site canteen
- Indoor secure bicycle parking and showers
How to apply
To apply, please send us:
- Your CV
- Covering letter
- A link to your portfolio or links to several projects
- You will need to have the legal right to live and work in the UK to be considered for this role.
Please send your application to:
Artlogic is an equal opportunities employer
We are committed to valuing diversity and seek to provide all staff with the opportunity for employment, career and personal development on the basis of ability, qualifications and suitability for the work as well as their potential to be developed into the job.