DIRECTOR OF OPERATIONS
Full time, Permanent.
Salary negotiable, based on experience.
Artlogic is looking for a Director of Operations in a new post, reporting to the Founders and the Senior Directors. We are an industry leading technology company that supplies SaaS and web development at scale to the Fine Art sector.
This is a great opportunity to help pilot a mission-driven, high-growth business with a long track record of innovation and commercial success. This critical role will supervise and direct all aspects of finance, commercial negotiating, human resources, people development, information systems / management and logistics. You will also play a key part in business planning, facilitating growth and strategic delivery. As we continue to accelerate growth with our core services but also execute multiple additional growth plans, this new post is being created to strengthen a broader management team and ensure we can scale up and meet exceed all our major KPIs.
The successful candidate will:
- possess high level communication, leadership, planning, interpersonal and organisational skills;
- have worked in upper management in a successful, high-growth company with at least 25 employees for at least two years, ideally in a SaaS vertical, a fine art business or adjacent companies;
- strongly relate to our mission of helping and transforming the sector we love by supporting it with the best technology;
- be of proven outstanding ability and be able to show grasp of this wide-ranging role from day one;
- only be considered if all previous employers will be prepared to give them an exceptional reference and engage with us to discuss suitability and areas of greatest strength;
- be an excellent leader and team player;
- have the right to live and work in the UK and live in or near London;
- model the transparency and accountability we encourage throughout the team.
The successful candidate will probably:
- have financial and/ or legal acumen and some training or qualifications but want to play a wider role;
- realise the extent of the challenge but know that this role is made for them;
- have an interest in the creative industries and maybe fine art in particular – whilst this would certainly make the position more rewarding, this is not at all required.
What we offer
We are prepared to discuss salary and benefits with the right candidate so we would like you to identify what you are looking to receive in your first approach.
Our London office is part of a community of creative businesses in a former group of renovated factory buildings which has extensive indoor secure bike parking, lockers and showers and an excellent canteen on the site.
This is a brilliant opportunity that will see you join a rewarding company at a really special time. We are already well established but increasingly ambitious for growth. We have a hugely talented, friendly, committed team of 50 people. We are a diverse and welcoming group.
We offer the chance to make a massive difference to a great company with a sense of shared purpose.
As a result of the COVID-19 crisis, this role would involve working remotely until we eventually transition back to working from the London office. Therefore, you must be capable of working from home (adequate working conditions, low noise levels, good broadband connection) and then be able to work in our London office.
Artlogic is an equal opportunities employer
We are committed to valuing diversity and seek to provide all staff with the opportunity for employment, career and personal development on the basis of ability, qualifications and suitability for the work as well as their potential to be developed into the job.
Send a CV and a covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please do not apply unless you have the right to live and work in the UK and are willing to live in or near London.