Client Liaison - Website Specialist - UK
Permanent | £25-£30K + Benefits | London SW9
Founded in 1994 and based in London & New York, Artlogic is on a mission to transform the art industry. We take what makes galleries, artists & collectors tick and turn it into something beautiful that they can share with the world. With our industry-leading products and first-class customer service, we aim to make the business of art more efficient, giving our clients the time and the space to do the things they love.
We are looking for a motivated and driven individual who is eager to join our Client Liaison team as a website specialist and deliver amazing results for our clients. Your primary responsibilities will be to support onboarding new website clients, assist with training and enquiries from our worldwide client base and help develop strong client engagement.
Join a team who are transforming the art industry.
As a result of the COVID-19 crisis, this role would involve working remotely until we eventually transition back to working from the London office. Therefore, you must be capable of working from home (adequate working conditions, low noise levels, decent broadband connection) and then be able to work in our London office. You will need to have the legal right to live and work in the UK to be considered for this role.
Key ares of responsibility
- Initiating database and website account setup with the technical team, once sales have been confirmed.
- Providing training to new and existing clients (normally via screen sharing sessions) to help familiarise clients with the products as they get setup.
- Keeping track of all account setup within our project management software. Making sure that accounts are set as ‘live for billing’ once all products have been successfully delivered.
- Preparing databases and website products (primarily template websites) to hand over to clients. Databases are relatively formulaic to setup, though this is still a manual process and depending on the package purchased, training might be required after the client goes live.
- Acting as a dedicated account manager from CMS delivery until final website launch. Websites can be a more personalised and design-lead process than some of our other services and a through a continued dialogue we have the opportunity to help our clients setup the most appealing and aesthetically engaging websites possible. Although it is not your job to design our clients’ website, having a keen eye for design and quality control and being able to help clients get the most out of their websites is hugely important.
- Seeking to streamline existing processes, refine client-facing aspects of the product and save time where possible. This is facilitated by regularly feeding back to members of the website development team and your manager.
- Create help notes for the database and website CMS where questions are repeatedly asked by clients that could be resolved via help notes.
After due time
- In due time you may be able to start managing Template Pro and Bespoke website projects, working closely with the sales team and designers on our website development team.
- You may become the dedicated point of contact for our larger clients.
- You may help us to create video tutorials and lead webinars to help us reach out to and support larger audiences.
- Testing new features and supplying feedback to the development teams.
- Support encompasses handling phone / email requests about the Artlogic database, use of Artlogic CMS (website management), our PrivateViews iOS app and mailings. Developing your support skills will expand your knowledge of our products and systems, introduce you to a large number of clients and flex your communication skills with clients and within our team.
- Support is managed via a team rota. After training, you will be helping to manage support calls and support tickets as part of the regular team schedule.
- Other organisational tasks that would help the functioning of the business as required.
- Self-starter with an enthusiastic character. Someone that thrives on human interactions and has a desire to help find the best solution possible.
- Good analytical ability for problem solving and trouble shooting.
- Deductive thinking and ingenuity to help test systems, locate / diagnose faults, solve process issues and find answers or workarounds to a wide range of issues.
- Strong understanding of the commercial needs of galleries, artists & collectors.
- Passion for technology advancements and a high degree of computer literacy, familiarity with Mac OSX and iOS and detailed knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel. Adequate touch-typing skills. Familiarity with HTML, Microsoft Access, FileMaker Pro, platforms might be helpful but is not required.
- Good industry knowledge of the art market, key artists, art galleries, sales platforms and art fairs would be necessary. Working knowledge of some web platforms (Squarespace, Wix, Shopify) would be advantageous. Knowledge of one or more art gallery database systems and our competitors would be useful.
- The desire and ability to concentrate on your work autonomously without close supervision and work without distracting colleagues.
- Strong desire to learn and to accept input from your fellow team members. Must also know when to ask for help or guidance.
- Must work well as part of a tight-knit team that relies on flexibility to adjust dynamically to the changing demands of our business.
- Clearly and concisely articulate ideas and thoughts verbally.
- This is a highly trusted position giving you access to our clients’ live data systems so that work can be carried out or so that we can investigate problems or talk clients through a process. Your integrity and discretion must be unquestionable given the confidential and mission-critical nature of our clients’ data.
- You will be required to log directly into our servers and into our systems and those of our clients. This will require taking care of passwords and being extremely careful with the systems containing our client's data. You will have full access to control our clients' systems and have access to our own accounting data, marketing information and, with that, the ability to be a credit to (or jeopardise) our commercial interests at all levels. You will have access to our clients’ details, and frequently our clients' data which contains their commercial secrets and highly confidential personal details, so the role requires us to have absolute trust in you and complete confidence in your ability to follow procedures and not make mistakes.
- Accurately prepare written business correspondence that is coherent, grammatically correct, concise, friendly and following any established communication guidelines.
- Ensuring that we are able to take on a growing number of contented and well-orientated clients who are confident using our systems and who are not reliant upon us.
- Helping to build on our reputation for great service.
- Helping our onboarding operation in the U.S. and U.K. to grow in efficiency so that we can hit our sales targets and grow the business.
- Organisation and time management - being able to manage your tasks which will have competing deadlines and various timelines, organise your thoughts, your to do list and yourself so you stay in control of your time, communicate effectively if there are any issues affecting deadlines or the progress of tasks and projects.
- Clear, friendly, economical communication style.
- Effectiveness - get tasks done rapidly without fuss, making sure that you feed back to your senior colleagues on the status of tasks and projects.
- Terrific eye for detail in testing our systems and analysis of any issues.
- Ability to juggle tasks, manage expectations, report back and prioritise effectively.
- Fast response to assistance requests from colleagues and clients, which includes answering the phone and helping in any way you can with the caller’s requests.
- Establishing effective working relationship with clients and colleagues.
- Using good judgment in what, when and how to communicate with clients, when to articulate ideas to colleagues, when to ask for help, when to clarify or pass up support questions to a colleague, how important your questions are and when to interrupt colleagues.
- Demonstrated ability to focus intelligently on tasks but see the wider picture of business priorities, always asking yourself how we could do things better or unlock new opportunities.
- Sometimes the imperatives of the company and the development of a whole product area must come before the needs of an individual client who might want to push boundaries. You need to be clear-headed, well-informed, diplomatic and quick-thinking in managing expectations
- Faultless attitude and behaviour towards the security of our physical premises, our equipment and the handling of data.
Our style with clients is friendly, intelligent, experienced and understanding. It recognises that our clients’ needs shape our services and understanding them is a valuable opportunity. In every piece of design, the development of our user experiences and all our technical innovation, we need to see things from another person’s point of view using imagination, insight, experience of business processes and using empathy and common sense.
Our approach has enabled us to make user-friendly websites, administration systems and database solutions; to anticipate our clients’ requirements; to communicate clearly and be easy to work with. It enables us to create a vision of the future for ourselves and for the online identity of our clients.
No matter what the actual job description, every member of the team needs to be a considerate, hard-working, highly motivated, friendly and effective individual who communicates well and works harmoniously with others.
We are committed to valuing diversity and seek to provide all staff with the opportunity for employment, career and personal development on the basis of ability, qualifications and suitability for the work as well as their potential to be developed into the job.
How to apply
To apply, please send us:
- Your CV
- Covering letter
- You will need to have the legal right to live and work in the UK to be considered for this role.