Client Liaison (Database Specialist) – UK Team
Permanent | £30 - 35k + Benefits | London SW9
As a result of the COVID-19 crisis, this role would involve working remotely until we eventually transition back to working from the London office. Therefore, you must be capable of working from home (adequate working conditions, low noise levels, decent broadband connection) and then be able to work in our London office. You will need to have the legal right to live and work in the UK to be considered for this role.
We are looking for a motivated and driven individual to join our team as a 'Client Liaison - Database Specialist'.
This is a fantastic opportunity to be part of a rapidly growing company, progress your career and play a crucial role in supporting our clients in using the most advanced database for the art world. Our high energy, high standards, creative culture and collaborative approach, encourages team members to flourish. Based in London & New York, our mission is to make the business of art more efficient, giving galleries, artists and collectors more time and space to do the things they love. With over 1800 clients across six continents, we provide the industry-leading database and website platform for the world's top art businesses. With a passion for building beautifully advanced products and delivering incredible results for our clients, we are transforming the art world.
About the role
Working as part of the Client Liaison team, your main responsibilities include helping to onboard new clients and supporting existing clients so that they can use our systems to their full potential, helping them to reach their professional goals.
You will provide frontline email and phone support as well as project managing the roll out of new or revised features to clients and arranging data imports. Helping management to improve our products and available resources (such as help notes) is a key aspect of the role to help us continually improve our service for our growing client base and team.
Previous art world experience is a must, and while technical experience is not required, an analytical mind and a keen interest in technology is essential.
The expected hours for this role are initially Monday-Friday, from 9.30am to 6pm. As we provide a 7 days per week service, it is possible that your schedule could be adjusted to include some Saturdays after you complete your training.
You will be joining one of the fastest growing teams in the company and will report directly to the Director of Client Liaison. Though you will specialise in the database product, our products provide the strongest offering when they are integrated and, as such, you will also be trained to work with both Artlogic websites and our iOS app. The initial training period for this role will last three months, though it is expected that you would continually grow and learn throughout your employment at the company. Our products are in constant development and through collating and sharing client feedback with senior team members you will play a key role in this process. You will have the privilege of working with some of the very best galleries and artists in the world.
With the support and direction of a fantastic team, you don’t have to arrive in this role ready to start supporting clients on day one. You will need to demonstrate a good level of relevant art world experience and customer service skills. Most importantly, you’ll need the desire to learn and adapt quickly as part of a dynamic team.
Though you may not have held a similar position elsewhere, you will need to excel at self-driven learning and be able to demonstrate:
● An understanding of arts businesses
● Good knowledge of the art market
● Exemplary customer service skills
● Ability to work enthusiastically as part of a team
● Ability to empathise and understand issues from a variety of perspectives
● A keen interesting in technology and a high degree of computer literacy
● Creative problem solving skills, often under pressure
● Ability to stay calm under pressure
● A faultless attitude towards security and the protection of data
● Clear, articulate and concise verbal and written communication
● A curious mind and keenness to learn and grow
The below are highly beneficial, but not essential:
● Experience with Artlogic systems
● Experience with other database systems and CMS
This is a brilliant opportunity to join a rewarding company at an incredibly exciting time – we are already well established but very ambitious for high growth. We have a hugely talented, friendly, committed team of almost 50 people. We are a diverse and welcoming group.
Working at Artlogic
Our London based office is bright and open plan, bathed in natural light. We are located in Offley Works, a vibrant creative hub of businesses located within a renovated factory building, only a short walk from Oval Underground station and close to Stockwell and Vauxhall.
● Friendly and relaxed working environment
● The security of a long-established business with a stable team
● The excitement of a busy company in a high growth phase
● Beautifully designed open-plan office with natural light and windows that open
● Great equipment, iMac or MacBook for everyone
● Free communal team lunch every Friday once we return en masse to the office.
● Well stocked kitchen with espresso machine and snacks
● Awesome on-site canteen
● Indoor secure bicycle parking and showers
How to apply
To apply, please send us:
● Your CV
● Covering letter
● You will need to have the legal right to live and work in the UK to be considered for this role.
Please send your application to firstname.lastname@example.org
Artlogic is an equal opportunities employer
We are committed to valuing diversity and seek to provide all staff with the opportunity for employment, career and personal development on the basis of ability, qualifications and suitability for the work as well as their potential to be developed into the job.